THE COOLEST SHIT I’VE EVER SEEN/HEARD. That bass can get it.
The first line was: “Butt plug? Does it do what it says on the box?”
So I drove down to Virginia today for a rehearsal (gig is Sunday). THE REHEARSAL WAS CANCELLED. Best part, he emailed us about 75 minutes before the rehearsal when they knew all day that most things were closed. FUN TIMES.
It’s okay I still get to see amazing people and have an awesome time but still.
Music Moments #15 - Nelson - Sonoran Desert Holiday
US Air Force Band of Flight
I have to admit, I couldn’t pick just one. I decided on three. This is one of the many reasons I love the french horn. In the first and third clips, the range and impact the instrument has is incredibly powerful. In the second clip, the gorgeous melody alongside the soaring counter melody set this apart from your standard band piece.
Headed back to Virginia for a gig tomorrow. The gig is on Sunday, but I’m making a week out of it! I’ll be around, I just felt like telling the internet.
Music Moments #14 - Scherzinger - Shimmer
for piano quintet
Another piece by one of my Syracuse composition instructors. I love this melody. Can you guess what scale was used? That’s right, the octatonic scale. I love the way that both of the lines interact with each other in this particular excerpt. The second iteration is especially haunting.
Rule 1: Always post the rules
Rule 2: Answer the questions the person who tagged you asked and write your 10 questions
Rule 3: Tag 10 people and link them to the post
Rule 4: Actually tell the people you tagged that you tagged them.
I was tagged by laurennoelle4
Questions they will answer:
1. Where is your dream place to live?
- My dream place to live would be on my own island that has a beach view, a relatively small forest with a mountain coming out of it. Id would be all of my amazing views I’d want all in one!
2. Which house at Hogwarts would you be in?
- Every test I’ve taken says I’d be a Ravenclaw.
3. What is your dream job?
- Composing music for feature films and/or high-profile video games
4. If you had a super power what would it be?
- Immortality. I recently went through a phase where all I thought about was what happens after we die, and that freaked me out so bad. My second choice would be the ability to fly! How cool would that be?
5. What is your biggest fear?
- Probably ending up alone. After that though, frogs.
6. Tell a random music joke.
- How many trumpet players does it take to screw in a lightbulb? 3. One to screw it in and two to tell them how much better they could have done it.
7. What is your favorite holiday and why?
- CHRISTMAS. BECAUSE IT’S CHRISTMAS! And I get to be around my whole family and I love it.
8. What kind of music are you into?
- Classical, Film, Video Game, Hard Rock, some Metal, 90’s/00’s music, NSYNC no shame.
9.What do you like on your pizza?
- Just cheese. I will also eat Hawaiian pizza (pineapple and ham)
10. What is your favorite movie?
- This is a tough one. It’s either Casino Royale, The Dark Knight, or The Incredibles.
I’m not gonna tag people in this I don’t think - but I’m going to write 10 questions and whoever feels like answering them absolutely should!
1. Who is your role model and why?
2. Favorite piece of music
3. Are you happy with yourself at this point in time?
4. What is the most important thing to you in a relationship?
5. How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie-roll pop?
6. Are we friends? If not, THEN WHY NOT IM SO SAD. (jk)
7. Top 5 blogs ready, go!
8. Celebrity crush.
9. Describe your perfect first date.
10. Make up a question for yourself to answer.
Haircut! I think I finally figured out how they should cut it after like 3 painstaking months of changing it every time!
Music Moments #13 - Schoenberg - Gurrelieder
Part I: Orchestral Prelude, Part I: Roß! Mein Roß!
Simon Rattle, Berliner Philharmoniker
Yes, you read the composer’s name correctly. This is Arnold Schoenberg, the same composer who perfected the twelve-tone system and delved into complete serialism. When I first heard this piece I was stunned and amazed at the intense romantic-sounding orchestration.
The first part is from the orchestral prelude to give you a sense of the orchestration. The second part is from an aria, and I just love the line. Listen for the horns after the climax, they have a pretty awesome soaring line.
SNOW TIME! I’m so happy!
spreading the christmas cheer guys